Today, we’ve got a fun restaurant that would be a great choice for a rehearsal dinner or welcome party for those with smaller groups or want to do cocktail style reception. Meet Virtue, Feed & Grain in Old Town Alexandria! — Vicky
Venue: Virtue Feed & Grain
Food & Drink: Contemporary American. The team behind Restaurant Eve, Eamonns/PX and The Majestic brings a fun modern American tavern. Mixologist Todd Thrasher from Restaurant Eve also oversees the libations here.
Private Dining Options: Virtue has 1 private (Game Parlor) and 1 semi-private space available for private parties. Their plated or family style menus for Fridays and Saturdays are $75++ and include 3 hours, welcome Hoptail & Canapes, and 3 Course Dinner. The Game Parlor can also host a cocktail style reception at $50++ for 2 hours and includes Welcome Hoptail, Select Beer, Select Wine, and 8 passed or displayed hors d’oeuvres or mini desserts. Please contact for Jeana Connaughton, Private Events Manager for your updated, customized menu.
The Game Parlor has a pool table, vintage arcade games and TVs as well as fantastic views of the Potomac River. I saw them put a hard tabletop over the pool table to make it a dining room table, seating up to 22 guests. The Game Parlor can host up to 50 people standing.
At the top of the stairs is the “Stage,” which has a long banquet table seating up to 16 guests. There is curtain that can drawn for privacy.
You can also reserve the upstairs Bar and/or lounge area, a great space for a welcome party. A menu of hors d’oeuvres can be ordered in advance.
Transit & Parking: Street Parking is available and there are several parking garages along S. Union Street. The nearest metro station is the King Street Metro.
- Great gastro-pub style food & fun beverage options
- In the heart of Old Town Alexandria
- Can host both the rehearsal dinner and have other guests join later for a welcome party
- Near other bars for other “Welcome Party” options
- Within walking distance from some hotels
- Ideal spot for weddings being held at venues like River Farm, Torpedo Factory, George Washington Masonic Memorial or Mount Vernon, or hotels (Hotel Monaco, Lorien Hotel)
- No dedicated parking
- For seated dinners, the spaces are ideal only for small groups.
- Old Town Alexandria can be very congested during high tourist seasons