One of my favorite hotels in DC is the historic Omni Shoreham Hotel, which has been around since the 1930s. We have worked there several times in the past few years and the service is always excellent. From the catering managers, banquet captains, and servers, to the front desk staff and concierge, I’ve always found them to be very helpful. Many of their staff have been there for a long time. I’m talking 20-30 years, which speaks to how the hotel treat its staff.
- The gazebo and garden, and terraces are perfect for outdoor ceremonies or cocktail hours.
- Equally beautiful are the ballrooms, each with its own characteristic
- Some of the ballrooms have floor to ceiling windows.
- Walking distance to Woodley Park Metro station on the Red Line
- Good selection of restaurants and bars nearby for other get-together events
- Suites are very spacious
- Valet parking only. [You can take care of this for your guests if you wish]
- The Omni Shoreham is a huge hotel. Those who want a more intimate feel may not like its expansiveness.
- Only the Blue Room has its own pre-function room. If you are having a wedding, you will either need to use another ballroom or section off your dinner reception ballroom to accommodate a cocktail hour. I’ve seen it done that way and the effect can be quite dramatic and stunning.
- The chances are good that there will be other events going on at the same time as your event.
The challenges are few and can be resolved easily but really just comes down to personal preferences.
For top notch service, please ask for William Grace. He has tons of experience and always has great ideas on what would work best at this hotel.