Nothing says casual and fun more than some Texas BBQ. Penn Quarters restaurant, Hill Country BBQ Market, would fit the bill for a large group looking to let loose and have some fun at their rehearsal dinner! — Vicky
Venue: Hill Country BBQ Market
Food & Drink: Started in New York, Hill Country opened last year in the Penn Quarters area.“Named among the “Top 10 Barbecue in the U.S.” by the Wall Street Journal, Hill Country honors the barbecue and live music of the capital of Texas. Inspired by the grand old meat-markets-turned-barbecue-joints of Central Texas with their distinctive, dry-rub style, Hill Country’s brisket, sausage, ribs and other meats are smoked low and slow over Texas post oak wood. Classic Southern sides and sweets include Longhorn Cheddar Mac & Cheese and Peanut Butter & Jelly Cupcakes.”
Private Dining Options: Hill Country has 1 private dining option and 1 semi-private option. The Boot Bar downstairs is the place to be! It can seat 120 comfortably, or 200 standing, and can be divided into 2 private spaces. It features its own long bar and a stage for live music. Upstairs in the main dining room, they have a raised balcony area (semi-private) than can hold about 20 guests.
Their private dining meals can be served buffet style or family style. Their Barbecue Chowdown Package is $55pp ++ and includes 4 courses. Their Family-Style seated menu is $45pp ++. Open bar package is $20pp per hour. Please contact Rachael Carney, Catering and Events Manager, for your updated menu.
Transit & Parking: The closest Metro rail stop is Archives Metro Station. Valet parking available for $10/car on the weekend and for weekday event, please inquire with the restaurant. There’s also a parking lot behind the restaurant with street access just a couple doors up from its entrance.
- The large space downstairs can accommodate a large group.
- You can invite those not invited to the rehearsal dinner to join in for a welcome party afterwards.
- There is a stage for live music option.
- Guests staying at the Hotel Monaco or Courtyard Marriott in Chinatown can walk to the restaurant.
- Centrally located, a good option if your reception is at Newseum, Hotel Monaco, Ronald Reagan Building, Andrew Mellon Auditorium, Harman Center for the Arts, and many other hotels and venues in the downtown area .
- Your guests can wander around Penn Quarters and Chinatown area before or after dinner.
- Evening rush hour can be a nightmare in that area.
- Traffic and crowds can also be an issue if there is a sporting or special event at the Verizon Center.