From recent conversations with my clients, they are having more and more guests at rehearsal dinners. Are you looking for a space that can hold upwards of 100 guests, check out Carmine’s in the Chinatown/Verizon Center area. This restaurant could also work for an intimate wedding. — Vicky
Food & Drink: Family style southern Italian restaurant which started in New York. It boasts the largest dining spaces in Washington, DC.
Private Dining Options: Carmine’s has 9 options for private or semi-private dining, ranging from 2 boardrooms that seat 18 to the back dining room that seats 120 people with its own private bar. Their sample menus ranged from $38-$55++ but please contact for Kyle Carnegie, Director of Special Events and Catering for your updated, customized menu.
Transit & Parking: The restaurant provides valet parking for $11. The closest Metro rail stop is Gallery Place/Chinatown.
- Large number of Private and semi-private options and ability to host larger groups
- The menu rarely changes so it would be easy to plan the menu for your event far in advance.
- Guests staying at the Hotel Monaco in Chinatown can walk to Carmine’s.
- Centrally located, a good option if your reception is at Hotel Monaco, Ronald Reagan Building, Andrew Mellon Auditorium, Harman Center for the Arts, and many other hotels and venues in the downtown area .
- Your guests can wander around Chinatown area before or after dinner.
- Close to a variety of bars and other restaurants for a Welcome Party
- Evening rush hour can be a nightmare in that area.
- Traffic and crowds can also be an issue if there is a sporting or special event going on at the Verizon Center.