We’ve got something different for you today. Host your rehearsal dinner or welcome reception with an Asian twist at Ping Pong Dim Sum. -Juanice
Venue: Ping Pong Dim Sum
Food & Drink: As the name states, the entire menu consists of dim sum, which are a Chinese dish of small steamed or fried dumplings with various fillings. Ping Pong offers a wide variety of vegetarian, meat, seafood and even gluten free dim sum options. Trained mixologist offer creative cocktails and an extensive wine list. The restaurant hosts Dim Sum Master Classes and Ready Steady Cocktail, where guests can learn to make their own dumplings and cocktails, which might be fun activities for a bridal shower for the ladies or as part of a bachelor party for the guys.
Private Dining Options: Ping Pong Dim Sum has two locations in Chinatown and in Dupont Circle. Both locations provide a private dining room that can hold 70 people seated and 100 people standing. They also have a semi-private option in the bar and lounge area, which accommodates 50-65 people seated and 150 people standing. Both restaurants have pre fixe seated menus that range from $25-$45 per person, Chinese hors d’oeuvres menus for $20-$30 per person and open bar packages starting at $20 per person. Ping Pong can also provide fun activities to add to your rehearsal dinner like a tea leaf reader, a Chinese calligrapher, and a lion dancer. Click here for private dining info.
Transit & Parking: There is primarily street parking, but there are garage parking nearby. Nearest Metro rail stations to the Chinatown locations are: Gallery Place Chinatown, Mt. Vernon Sq/7th St. Convention Center and Metro Center. The nearest Metro rail stations to the Dupont Circle location are: Dupont Circle and Farragut North. Private valet is also available upon request.
Advantages: Trendy ambiance and separated private dining options
- Located centrally in Chinatown
- Garage parking next door
- Within walking distance to several hotels including: Courtyard Marriott Convention Center, Renaissance Washington DC, Grand Hyatt, Embassy Suites, Hotel Monaco, Hampton Inn
- Near other local venue locations such as Hotel Monaco, Newseum, Ronald Reagan Building, Andrew Mellon Auditorium, Harman Center for the Arts
- Located in bustling Dupont Circle
- Within walking distance to several hotels including: Hotel Palomar, Hotel Madera, Hotel Dupont Circle, The Fairfax, Topaz Hotel.
- Near other local venue locations such as Carnegie Institution, Meridian House
Challenges: High traffic during rush hour in both locations