We are always looking for ideas on favors and on contents for a welcome bag that would represent Washington, DC, Maryland or Virginia. As I was wandering through my neighborhood farmers market and a local store the other day, it dawned on me that this is a great place to find locally made products, especially if you already buy them regularly. Why didn’t I think of that earlier? Here are some of the products that my local market sells that would be great gift ideas:
- Chocolate truffles from Virginia Chocolate Company (Falls Church, VA)
- Handcrafted Soaps from Union Street Soapworks (Millersville, MD)
- Oh Mercy Hot Sauce (Falls Church, VA)
- Cookies from Pancha Dulce (Falls Church, VA) – Double Chocolate Sea Salt is yummy!
- And one of our favorite bakers, Kendall Barrett, sells her jams and baked goods at Local Market (we’re eating through our bag of Ginger Molasses cookies quickly)
What do you see at your local farmers market that would also make great gifts? Share them with us here! Happy shopping – Vicky